Sunday, December 7, 2008

December Classic "A" Show - December 5th, 2008

Our first show of the year started off better than anticipated. IBA Blue Diamond or "Deno" made his "A" show debut in the Large Green Pony Hunters with Chelsea. After getting his permanent card at 14.1 1/2 without shoes (much to my relief), we waited for hours for his classes to go. Normally, I don't mind the wait at shows, but I was diagnosed with pneumonia the day prior and felt like someone had kicked me in the ribs. Luckily, Deno needed very little prep and walked into the ring without even a warm-up trip. The first trip, he earned a fourth out of 7, the second trip he pulled a 3rd, and the third trip he got a 5th. By the hack class, he was done and Chelsea could hardly get him to move forward. All in all, I was pleased as punch. I bred Deno. His dam was my Large Pony Hunter and I stood his sire at stud for seven years. It's neat watching a pony you've bred do well at an "A" show.


Sorry for the bad pictures. My husband was taping the trips and it was so dark the pictures didn't turn out well.


No comments: